The Senate has returned from recess, and so far the GOP doesn’t have the votes to pass the health “care” bill. Mitch McConnell claims it’s still going to pass, but John McCain says it’s going to fail. Cruz and Lee are still peddling their “Consumer Freedom Act” to allow the sale of cheap, unregulated insurance plans. These would tempt low-risk individuals, leaving the ACA-style plans which forbid discrimination against pre-existing conditions for higher-risk patients, leading to a split in the insurance market which would cause increases in premiums for the regulated plans and remove the cost advantage of risk-sharing.
1. Call Mitch McConnell and tell him you want to keep and improve ACA or preferably go to single-payer.
(202) 224-2541 or (502) 582-6304
2. Call Ted Cruz and tell him you reject the Consumer Freedom Act.
3. Call Mike Lee and tell him you reject the Consumer Freedom Act.
4. Call your own senators and tell them that you reject the Consumer Freedom Act, that you want them to work in a bipartisan manner to improve and expand ACA, and preferably to go to a single payer system.