1) I’m sure our Senators and Congresspersons want to do a good job for us .... but in order to make that easier for them, we need to keep watching those suckers night and day. Stalk ‘em! Fortunately Google Alerts makes this easy for us. Go to https://www.google.com/alerts and put in the names of whoever and whatever you want to keep track of. For example:
You may receive a lot of responses, so you might want to create a separate mailbox for these. Or perhaps just pick one representative you especially want to follow.
2) Be aware that you can keep tabs on your representatives’ voting records and positions by visiting http://votesmart.org/. Bookmark this site for easy reference, or you’ll find a link on the Resources page of The Ten-Minute Activist website.
3) Last but not least, sign up for your own representatives’ updates and news so that your stalking may be more complete. Again, if you don’t want to be overwhelmed, just pick one rep to follow.
That’s it. Tomorrow we write!
1) There are people who deserve our THANKS at this point. We’re grateful that protest doesn’t come only from outside the corridors of power but from inside too. And not only that - from within the Republican party. So today let’s thank Senator John McCain and Senator Lindsey Graham for speaking out against Trump’s executive order on immigration. Another individual who deserves a huge amount of praise is Acting Attorney General Sally Q. Yates, who has ordered the Justice Department not to defend the refugee ban. Thanks can be delivered via email:
You can also leave thank-you messages on their Facebook pages. You won’t be able to post a comment directly, but you can leave a comment on one of THEIR posts. Your comment doesn’t have to relate to the topic of the post.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014562489919 (msg only)
2) Bonus action if you shop at Amazon:
Instead of signing into Amazon.com, sign into www.smile.Amazon.com. The first time you log in, you will be asked to pick a charitable organization, and at no extra cost to you, Amazon will make a (tiny) donation to that organization every time you make a purchase. You can pick a cause which will help resist the Trump agenda - e.g The Sierra Club, ACLU, NPR, etc.
Special thanks to David Steenburg, who will be offering free legal services to immigrants with his DC firm, Hogan Lovells, at Dulles on Wednesday. Hogan Lovells will be there every day. Anyone else have a brag? Message me!