Reign of Terror
ICE is rounding up foreign nationals for deportation on an ever-increasing scale. They have stopped targeting those with a criminal history and are meeting quotas by arresting people who have lived in this country for decades, hold jobs, serve the community, and in many cases who have American children and spouses.
One such victim is Syed Jamal who came to this country in 1987 as a student. He is an adjunct professor at a Kansas City university and also conducts research at a hospital. His wife and three children, as well as his siblings, are U.S. citizens. He is currently being held at a facility in Hawaii prior to deportation to Bangladesh. The ever-increasing aggression of ICE, and the remorseless attitude of the GOP are cause for great concern.
Action - as many as you can:
1. Contact the Governor of Kansas and ask him to intercede on behalf of Syed Jamal so that he can come home.
2. Fax the Kansas Senators and ask them to help:
3. Contact the White House to protest the arrest and deportation of Syed Jamal.
4. Phone your protest to the ICE Community Relations Officer for the Kansas area: (312) 347-2454
5. Sign the petition to ICE (source: CNN).
6. Donate at his GoFundMe page (source: CNN).