If you’ve only recently joined the group, there are a few past actions which are helpful in performing future actions. If you get tired of Bubble Bash today and seek an alternate pastime, you could catch up:
1. Click on the “Speak Out” tab. On this page are links to help you identify your House and Senate
representatives. Go to their pages, find their contact info (usually under “office locations”) and store
their phone numbers and address in your phone. At least store their DC number and one local number.
I’ve put all my senators’ numbers in my phone. Now you’ll be able to call or write them no matter where
2. Bookmark Vote Smart - here’s where you can keep track of your reps’ voting record, their positions,
their funding, etc.
3. Go to Google Alerts and set up alerts to let you know when your reps show up in the news - good way
to keep an eye on what they’re up to.
4. You can also go to your reps’ own pages and ask to be updated via email about their activities - good
way to find out if they’re opening a supermarket near you, so that you can be there waving signs.
5. If you missed yesterday’s action, lay in a supply of 34 cent stamps and blank postcards for
mailing handwritten notes to your representatives and to the White House.
6. If you shop at Amazon, consider logging in via www.smile.Amazon.com. Then you can select a Good
Cause (e.g. NPR or the ACLU), and Amazon will make a wee donation to them every time you